Friday 30 July 2010

5 Days in May 2010 That Changed Britain

The programme '5 Days that Changed Britain' on BBC2 last night (Thursday 29th July 2010) was an eyeopener into the wheeling and dealing that went on behind the scenes after the UK General Election in early May 2010.

The happenings earlier in the year certainly lowered my all ready very low opinion of politicians in general.

There was after all nothing wrong with 2 political parties going into coalition with 1 another.

There is however a major problem with 2 parties which are exact opposites going into coalition with one another.

I would have expected nothing less of the Conservatives since they are not a party based on ideology. I was utterly appalled with the Liberal Democrats who jetisoned virtually everything they stood for, supposedly for the sake of stable Government, but instead I am sure it had more to do with the fact they wanted POWER!

As someone who voted Liberal Democrat for the first time I feel betrayed by what was done. If I had thought in my wildest nightmares that my vote basically counted as 1 for a Conservative Government I would never have done it. I certainly will never vote Liberal Democrat again and I am sure many of their voters will feel likewise.

Even if the Government is ultimately deemed to have been a success I shall still never vote Liberal Democrat again. I won't be able to trust them.

http://www.christophercrawford.110mb.com

No comments: