Tuesday 24 August 2010

REPLY LETTER FROM BRIAN DONAHOE, MP CENTRAL AYRSHIRE

Further to my post of 09.08.2010 on which my reply letter to Brian Donohoe MP was almost completed based I am now able to upload his reply. I have typed this out verbatim grammatical errors included.

Please note before reading. I have at no stage stated that Marr College in it present state is fit for purpose and I don't oppose a decision being taken sooner rather than later provided it is the correct one for the current and future pupils of Marr College. And as we have stated in the Marr group there is currently no evidence of improved educational outcomes at the new schools.

I rest my case. I don't know even if it worth sending him another letter. It is like talking to a brick wall, which I suppose is no different to the majority of Government representatives no matter what the level in my experience!
_________________________________________________

Dated 29th August 2010

Dear Christopher

Marr College

Thank you for your letter of 9th August and I take your views into account. However, I am still firmly of the opinion that Marr College in its present state is not fit for purpose and that the council have to take a decision sooner rather than later. My preferred option remains a new build, having seen what has been established in Saltcoats, Dreghorn and in Prestwick, where modern buildings play their part in the education by higher standard that prevails inside Marr College at present.

Best wishes

Yours sincerely

Brian H Donohoe MP
Central Ayrshire

No comments: