Friday 2 November 2012

Royal Mail: Stop the closure of Glasgow's Cubie Street sorting office

I just signed the petition "Royal Mail: Stop the closure of Glasgow's Cubie Street sorting office" on Change.org.

It's important.

I am ill with fibromyalgia, and on a good day can walk to Cubie Street to collect a parcel which the Post Office have tried to deliver while I am out. However if this plan goes ahead I don't know what I will do. I have no transport, and I note that a bus route is 20 minutes walk from the proposed new sorting office at Cambuslang. I also know that you can get parcels delivered to your local post office but this involves another charge of £1.50. On my limited income this is not an option, so the only way is to instruct anyone intending to send me a parcel, is not to do so. It is time that the Post Office started actually thinking about its customers.

Will you sign the petition it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/royal-mail-stop-the-closure-of-glasgow-s-cubie-street-sorting-office

Thanks!

Christopher

No comments: