Tuesday 27 October 2015

WELFARE BILL currently going through the UK Houses of Parliament

I have caught some of today's debate on the welfare bill in the House of Commons debate. I am one of the people who will be adversely affected by the proposed changes as I receive Employment and Support Allowance and am in the work related activity group. I receive approximately £5000 per year ESA. Under the UK Government's proposals this will be reduced by £1500 per year. This is scary as all ready I cannot balance the books and frequently my house is cold and saving money is always on my mind with every decision. I did not ask to be long term sick and never wanted to claim this benefit. Thank goodness the SNP MPs including my own MP in Glasgow North East, Anne McLaughlin are fighting this bill as I am in quite a good position in comparison to many who will be affected even although it will put me in more financial strife that I don't know how I am going to stand long term.

No comments: