Wednesday 24 July 2013

STUDENTS PAYING FOR EDUCATION 5 TIMES OVER


It recently occurred to me that students are now paying for their education 5 times over.
  1. I pay for it by not claiming any welfare benefits for the time I am in higher education.
  2. I pay for it through my hard work and toil to get the qualification.
  3. I pay for it through the time spent studying. I could after all get a lower job and be earning or doing something less boring instead.
  4. I pay for it through paying higher taxes or more taxes on my graduation as presumably I should get a better job.
  5. 1.      I pay for it through the repayment of the student loan.


    In England I must tuition fees too!

    Therefore what is the UK Government actually putting into this equation? Is it not having its cake and eating it?

No comments: