Sunday 6 May 2018

You wouldn't need to be desperate for benefits advice with GEMAP

On 6th March 2018 I called GEMAP originally to request an appointment to discuss my DWP benefits, who have successfully represented me in my Employment and Support Allowance appeal in January and discovered that I now had to be referred by my GP somewhat oddly, thus needlessly adding to the GPs workload.

On 19th March 2018 I attended my GP who was happy to refer me.
I phoned GEMAP on 06.04.2018 to make an appointment for a benefit check after they had called me and left a message after the referral made by my GP at Bridgeton Health Centre.
I was allocated an appointment on Thursday 3rd May 2018 at 1130am, and the call would be made to my home telephone number.
When it became apparent to me that I would not be home on the above date and time I called GEMAP again on Monday 30th April 2018 around noon to ask the advisor to call me on my mobile number. I was told that most appointments are made to peoples mobile numbers so this would not be a problem.
I was available on my mobile number at the required time and received no call.
On returning home I discovered that the call had been made to my landline home number as originally arranged and not to my mobile number as per the revised instructions.
I called the office immediately and was advised that the only thing that could be done was to arrange for another appointment on Friday 25th May.
This new date is now 81 days or 2 months and 20 days since I originally needed and wanted the advice. I am most annoyed given that the recent delay is entirely due to their mistake and not mine. You wouldn't need to be desperately needing this advice would you?

No comments: